The best homemade fried sauce recipe
The rich and sweet sauce is the only dipping sauce needed for French fries, burgers and nuggets!
The basis of most deep-fried sauces is a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise. From there you add some spices and make it your own. Our version adds the perfect soup. Try this sauce with our homemade French fries, crispy sweet potato fries, or topping on delicious hamburgers like our Ranch Burger.
What is fried sauce?
Fried sauce is definitely a regional thing, but this magical dipping sauce is becoming more and more popular. You can even find it on the shelves of some grocery stores! However, the homemade version is definitely the way to go.
Fried sauce is very famous in Utah. In fact, the version we all know and love was originally served at Carlos’ Barbeque and eventually became the fast food chain Arctic Circle. Start serving this delicious sauce from elsewhere there. This sauce has recently received more attention and can even be bought under the name Mayo Ketchup in many grocery stores across the country.
Fried sauce is most commonly used for French fries, but it is also used for fried chicken nuggets, corn dogs, burgers, mashed potatoes, burritos, etc.
Here are some of our favorite recipes to go with:
How to make fried sauce
Combine. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined. Refrigerate for 1 week.
Store: Whether you make it in advance or use it immediately, the sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Be sure to store it in an airtight container. Don’t freeze.
- Mayonnaise is the basis of this sauce. If you don’t like or can’t own Mayo, you can try Miracle Whip or Vegan Mayo
- Juice: use kimchi juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or horseradish
- Turn up the firepower: add Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes
- Many restaurants have their own opinions on this sauce:
- Red Robin uses barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce
- In n Out Burger adds the taste of kimchi
- Outback Steakhouse with horseradish and mustard sauce
There are many great ways to change any food!
For more seasonings and dipping sauces, please try:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Total time 5 minutes
Calories 104 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hour salt
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)