French onion dip recipe only 2 ingredients!
The French onion dip is rich and delicious. It only requires two ingredients and is made in one minute, making it the perfect potato chip dipping sauce!
These simple and delicious dips are perfect for parties. I like to pair it with hearty potato chips, such as ruffles or kettle fries. This combination of saltiness, richness and saltiness is just right every time. Want a healthier soaking option? Try pairing with vegetarian cup appetizers. You can also add EASY Hummus to the spread.
Our favorite French fries dipping sauce!
This savory/rich dipping sauce is by far our favorite. It matches perfectly with salty potato chips and is extremely addictive. I long for this delicious bowl!
It is actually completed in one minute and only requires two ingredients. Lipton Onion Soup is full of all the spices and flavors you need to make this dip with fingers licked well. It is perfect for barbecues, game days, family gatherings… you can think of it.
This French onion dip made from a mixture of French onion soup has saved me many times. I always keep some such packets on hand. This is the perfect snack for my kids’ friends or to surprise guests!
Make + change in one minute
mix. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Add some spices: By adding red pepper flakes or a little hot sauce, you can easily raise the heat to a higher level.
- If you don’t like sour cream, you can easily use pure geek yogurt, mayonnaise or softened cream cheese. You can even mix and match to make your favorite combination.
Use of homemade dried onion seasoning:
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried onion slices
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon celery powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
We also like to make this homemade because we always have these ingredients in our pantry. 😉
Store + what to dip
Let cool for at least an hour to allow the flavors to mix before serving.Dip can storage It can be stored for up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Don’t freeze.
Looking for something that can be dipped into French onion dip? Traditionally, regular potato chips are the first choice for use with this dipping sauce, but you can dip a variety of things, including:
- Other chips
- Biscuits: Ritz, Triscuits, Wheat Thins, pretzels, etc.
- Vegetables: carrots, celery, peas, etc…
- Bread: crusty bread cubes, Mini toast, crostini, bread sticks
- Spread on burgers or grilled chicken
- Put a piece on the baked potato or soup
You can also use the dipping sauce as a spread.
For more sweet and savory dips, try:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Total time 5 minutes
Calories 55 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 dried onion soup mixed bag