The best bowl of brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), 2 sticks
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (260 g) or dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (155 g)
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder (35 g)
- nonstick cooking spray for greasing
- Calories 272
- Fat 16g
- Carbohydrates 28g
- Fiber 1g
- sugar 19g
- 3g protein
An estimate based on a serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Add butter and 1 cup (175 g) chocolate chips to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1.5 minutes, then let stand for 3 minutes, then stir together.
- Add granulated and brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and whisk until fully combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl and mix with a spatula. Add remaining chocolate chips and fold to combine.
- Line a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist crumbs.
- Let cool completely before cutting.