Strawberry pancakes with homemade strawberry jam
Delicious strawberry pancakes-they are full of strawberry flavor and topped with amazing homemade strawberry jam, which is unique in the world.
Adding fruit to the pancakes is a great way to change it. When the strawberries are ripe, we have been making these for breakfast! If you like fruity pancakes, you must try apple pancakes, banana pancakes and blueberry pancakes!
Who likes strawberries?
Who else is excited about spring? These strawberry and butter pancakes are perfect to celebrate this season! They are full of strawberry flavor and topped with amazing homemade strawberry jam.
These pancakes are not only simple, but also suitable for any occasion. They are perfect for Mother’s Day brunch or a fun Saturday breakfast.
Served with delicious strawberry jam, these pancakes can’t go wrong, especially if you like strawberries!
Delicious strawberry pancake syrup
Homemade strawberry jam/syrup is really easy (Only 4 ingredients), it takes about ten minutes to make.
All you need to do is add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to the pan and cook until thick. When they cook, the strawberries will break down into a sweet and delicious sauce that almost tastes like strawberry jam.
It might be a good idea to make two batches, because you want to pour the benefits of this strawberry on everything.
We have tried it on waffles, pancakes, ice cream and milkshakes-you can think of it! It is very delicious, full of bright strawberry flavor that I like. good to eat!
How to choose good strawberries?
- Buy local
- Get it during peak season
- Buy organic food
- Color: Look for bright red on the whole berry. (A small white spot near the stem is fine)
- Shape: Size or shape does not matter.
- Aroma: No smell means they are immature, if they are overripe, you may find fermentation and moldy. Fully ripe berries will have a sweet taste.
Strawberry pancake batter quickly foamed, adding strawberry jam to the batter, the taste has been very good.
Dry ingredients. To make it, whisk together the flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Wet ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together half, half and white vinegar. Let us sit for five minutes. Mix half and half, eggs, oil and vanilla, and stir until combined.
mix. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed (a few pieces are fine). Pour ¼ cup of strawberry jam into the batter and stir gently.
Cook. From there, you will preheat the frying pan or large frying pan over medium heat. Use a ¼ cup spoon to pour the batter into the preheated frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles appear in the batter and the edges look dry, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot with strawberry jam and whipped cream.
Tips + Tips for Pancakes and Sauces
- Do not over mix the pancake batter. It is best to leave the lumps in it after mixing the ingredients. Excessive mixing will make the pancakes springy and not fluffy.
- I like my strawberry jam, it has big chunks in it, but if you want it to be smooth, you can puree it.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker, then mix 1 tablespoon of cold water with 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix it into the sauce. If you want to make it thinner, then add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the sauce.
- Frozen strawberries can be used in the sauce recipe instead of fresh strawberries.
- You can make the sauce 1-3 days in advance. Put it in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Freezing and storage
Can these be frozen? Yes, both are fine!
- For strawberry jam, Pour it into an airtight freezer-safe container and store it in the refrigerator for up to one year. When ready to use, let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- Frozen strawberry pancakes Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours. Transfer to a sealed freezer safe container. Label and freeze for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until it gets hot. They do not need to be defrosted before reheating.
How to store leftovers: Put the cooked pancakes in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Store the strawberry jam in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
But, really, try not to grow it just for this deliciousness! 🙂My whole family loves these pancakes and gobbled them up in record time.
My kids have received about a million requests to make these beautiful pancakes again, so they will definitely be at my house again soon. They are fast and easy to make, I don’t mind at all!
For more delicious pancake recipes, please check:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
15 minutes total time
Calories 128 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 pound strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half milk or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
In a medium saucepan, stir together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together half, half and white vinegar. Let us sit for five minutes.
Mix half and half, egg, oil and vanilla, and mix until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed (a few pieces are fine). Pour ¼ cup of strawberry jam into the batter and stir gently.
Preheat the grill pan or large pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, then use a ¼ cup spoon to pour the batter into the preheated frying pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles appear in the batter and the edges look dry, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot with strawberry jam and whipped cream.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)