Snickers bread recipe + video
This Snickerdoodle bread is delicious and simple (no yeast)! It is full of cinnamon slices with cinnamon and sugar on it!
If I want to make homemade bread, I prefer instant bread to bread that requires yeast. Most instant breads are sweet, especially this bread has the same cinnamon flavor as snickerdoodle biscuits!
No yeast involved!
When my mother tried this new recipe for Snickerdoodle bread, I almost died. She found the recipe, made some modifications, and it became popular. We like it very much and we have done at least two dozen since then.
If you like bread and Snickerdoodles, then you will love this recipe! The good news is that it does not involve yeast. I am not a yeast expert, which means I can easily handle this bread recipe, no problem.
bad news? Cinnamon chips are usually only seasonal and can be bought at most grocery stores during the holidays. Although few stores sell them for the rest of the year, you can always order them online at Hershey’s store. That being said, be sure to stock up when you see them!
How to make snickers
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is! !
Wet ingredients. Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
Dry ingredients. Mix the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until all mixed. Add cinnamon flakes and stir into a batter. Set aside. Use a spoon to pour the batter into 4 mini bread pans until about ⅔ full.
Ingredients. Mix 3 tablespoons of sugar and ½ tablespoon of cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on the batter in each loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.Let it cool before removing from the pot
- Don’t overfill the pan: “If the batter reaches the top of the pan and needs to rise, it will collapse.”
- Check the expiration date of baking powder and soda. Stale leavening agent will cause the bread to fall in the middle.
- Adjust the temperature and cooking time according to the type of pot. Glass and stoneware retain heat better than metal pots. (When using stone or glass, lower the oven by 25°)
- Make sure your oven temperature is accurate
- Adjust high altitude
- Just apply grease to the bottom and 1 inch below the pan to get a good lifting effect. This will make the batter “stick” to the top of the pan.
- The crack in the middle is a good sign of normal bread baking.
- Do not over mix or let the batter sit for too long before baking.
SNICKERDOODLE BREAD notes and frequently asked questions
- This recipe can make 4-6 small breads, depending on the size of the pan you use. You can also use a small aluminum pan to make 5 loaves.
- For a gluten-free version, please visit Suburban Prairie Housewives
- It can be made with 2 large loaf pans. Bake at 350° for about 60-70 minutes (until the inserted toothpick is clean).
- Cinnamon chips are seasonal products. You can find them online at Hersheys.com, or if you are in AZ, Albertson will usually carry them with them (oooooooo!!!)
- If you can’t find cinnamon crisps, many readers have tried toffee crisps or white chocolate crisps and say they are great! !
- For a healthier version, you can substitute sour cream for Greek vanilla yogurt.
- You can make these into muffins (about 2 dozen)-bake for about 20 minutes.
Can I make the batter in advance and then bake it? Yes, prepare the batter according to the recipe. Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Since the batter has cooled, you may need to bake it for a few more minutes.
How do I store Snickers bread? Store the lid at room temperature for 4-5 days. Storing in the refrigerator will extend the shelf life for several days. For longer storage, wrap the bread separately in plastic wrap, then wrap it in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
As I mentioned, this kind of bread is very addictive. If you are a fan of cinnamon and sugar (or know someone like this), then you must try this. I highly recommend it, and I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like this recipe. 😉
For more SNICKERDOODLE creations, please check:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
Total time 40 minutes
A serving of 4 mini breads
Calories 1257 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 package good cinnamon slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
Mix the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until all mixed.
Add cinnamon flakes and stir into a batter. Set aside.
Use a spoon to pour the batter into 4 mini bread pans until about ⅔ full.
Mix 3 tons of sugar and 3 tons. Pour cinnamon into a bowl and sprinkle on the batter in each bread pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool before removing from the pot.
Adapted from Barbara Baking
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)