Mint M&M Oreo Cookies Quick + Delicious
Mint M&M Oreos taste like thin mints! ! The combination of chocolate and mint flavors is a delicious cookie! !
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Andes Peppermint Cookies, and Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are our favorite chocolate and mint treats. These Mint M&M Oreo Cookies are definitely on the list!
Chocolate and Mint! !
I had the pleasure of finding some green M&Ms at Walmart a few weeks ago. I wanted to make some “St. Patrick’s Day cookies” and knew they would be perfect for my creations!
M&Ms are mints (and dark chocolate) and I couldn’t resist tossing in some crumbled Oreos. Using these ingredients and my standard “cookie” recipe, I made some peppermint M&Ms and Oreo cookies.
I am so amazed at how much I love them. I’m not a huge dark chocolate fan, but the combination of these ingredients makes me feel like I’m eating thin mints! ! Yes – beloved Girl Scout cookies, but in a softer, less expensive way. 🙂
Make Mint M&M Oreo Cookies
Prepare. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
wet ingredients. Cream of butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients, including crushed Oreos.
bake. Spoon onto greased cookie sheets, add M&Ms on top and press lightly in. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
Tips, Changes + Stored Information
Best way to crush Oreos: You can place Oreos in an airtight bag and crush them with a rolling pin or cleaver.please ensure
- Use Peppermint Oreos
- Add white chocolate chips
- To keep the cookies soft, you don’t want to overmix the batter
- You also don’t want to overbake the cookies
- Chewier: Substitute brown sugar for some or all of the white sugar.
shop Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter at room temperature. They should keep for up to a week. Putting a loaf of white bread in a container helps keep them from drying out too quickly.
- Bake Cookies: To freeze these cookies, let them cool completely, then sandwich them between parchment paper in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
- dough: Scoop dough balls onto lined cookie sheet. Don’t add M&Ms to it. Put them in the refrigerator for a few hours until frozen. Transfer to a freezer-safe storage container, label and freeze for up to 3 months. Let the dough thaw, then add M&Ms on top and bake.
Let me know if you try these too because they are so stinky! Plus, they’re an easy dessert or treat for St. Patrick’s Day (be sure to love green treats!!)
Variations for M&M cookies:
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total time 12 minutes
Serving Size 36
Calories 136 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 bag of Peppermint M&MS
- 1.5 Sleeves Oreo Cookie Crush
Cream of butter, oil and sugar.
Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients, including crushed Oreos
Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet, add M&Ms on top and press lightly in.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.