How to Rise of the Resistance – Tips + Tricks
Everything you need to know about Disney’s new ride: Star Wars Rise of the Resistance. Everything from how to get a boarding pass to height requirements and more!
Be sure to check out our Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge guide! For riding videos, check out our Instagram!
The most immersive experience
I’ve been on quite a few Disney rides and the new Star Wars: The Rise of the Resistance is the most immersive experience/ride I’ve yet had!
This is no exaggeration. Everyone I’ve spoken to feels the same way. Star Wars fans or not, everyone can agree that Disney has once again surpassed itself and created a one-of-a-kind experience!
Join the Resistance in the battle against the First Order on this stunning new ride at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Walt Disney World!
Find out before you go…
The best chance of being able to experience the rise of the resistance is to learn as much as you can before you set out. That’s what this article will help you with, along with all the basic information about riding.
So, what should be paid attention to on this ride?
- The height requirement is 40 inches
- Location: If you walk on the sidewalk in front of the Hungry Bear restaurant, it will take you to the Rise of the Resistance. If you pass through Thunder Mountain’s entrance through the Galaxy’s Edge, you will have to cross the land and pass the market to ride.
- Rides include trackless dark rides, motion simulators, partial walks, theaters, holograms, water droplets, fireworks, and more!
- Currently, there are no Stand By line, FasPass or MaxPass available. This all goes through a virtual queue (more on that below).
You’ll help the Resistance on a covert mission, but run into some trouble when intercepted by the First Order and pulled aboard a Star Destroyer. Through a series of twists and turns, you’ll travel through a Star Destroyer, but not before a few meetings with stormtroopers and even Kylo Ren.
Even if you’re not a Star Wars fan, you’ll still enjoy this incredible and immersive ride. promise!
Below I will share all the information needed to get Boarding group Enjoy Rise of Resistance. That being said, there’s no guarantee you’ll get a boarding group, but knowing all of this information will give you a better chance of getting one. 😉
How to Navigate the Rise of Resistance
1. DOWNLOAD THE DISNEY APP + LINK TICKETS
For Disneyland, it’s the Disneyland app. For Walt Disney World, it’s the Walt Disney World My Disney Experience app. I strongly encourage everyone to have this whether they are riding or not because it is a life saver. In this case, obtaining a boarding pass is a must.
- Download the app a week before your visit to familiarize yourself with it. Set up your account (with an easy-to-remember password), link your credit card, find out where everything is, and you’re ahead of the game.
- After downloading the app, be sure to move It goes to your home screen for easy access. It’s something you use a lot on the go.
- Now you have the application, Link Tickets Before going to the park, for everyone in your party. This is helpful for booking Fast Passes or MaxPasses, but is also required if you want to ride Rise of the Resistance together in a group. If you get your tickets on the day, go early and be sure to link the app and all your tickets before entering the park before it opens.
- Have everyone in your party get the app and link tickets so everyone can try to get a boarding group. The more you try to do this, the more likely you are to get a boarding group. 😉
2. Go to the park early
Homestay groups are available as soon as the park opens, so get to the park early. To do this, be sure to check park openings and plan to walk to the park entrance, go through security and go through the lines at the park entrance.
Disneyland typically opens early and lets guests pass through the gates before the park officially opens.I will try to be exist garden at least 15 minutes ago The park is open as boarding groups must be available in the park.
Get everyone in the party ready to open their app.
Note: From what everyone says, be sure to turn off Wifi, Bluetooth and all other apps to avoid slowing down your phone. Yes, homestay groups are fast and you want to give it the best chance to get one. 😉
3. Join a boarding group
Now that you have the app, linked your tickets and are at the park, you need to join a boarding group. As we mentioned, boarding groups will not open until the park officially opens. Just when that happens, it’s time to let your quick fingers do the rest!
But how do you join a boarding group?
- Open the app and on the main screen you will see information about Rise of the Resistance.
- click learn more.
- then click Join the boarding group. If the button is grayed out and you cannot click it, click My status Join a group.
- If there is no group, try again! !
- If you do get a group, keep an eye out My status Know when you need to ride. When the green bar is full, it’s time to head out for a ride. From then on, you will have an hour to continue riding. Get your code and scan it at the entrance to queue.
- Note: You can also go to a few different physical locations to get your boarding pass. Ask the actor where they are and you can try to find one there. They will give you a piece of paper as your boarding pass with the time of your return journey.
Are you stressed? Yes! Is it worth it? Of course! ! Just make sure to get everyone in your party to try it out so you have a better chance of getting a boarding group.
Rise of the Resistance FAQs
This ride was incredible! Of course, everyone is very excited about it and wants to experience it. Will there be changes to routes, passes and boarding groups in the future? Most likely, but for now, boarding a group is the best way to get the most people to enjoy the ride without waiting 4 hours. 😉
I’ve received a lot of questions about this ride and wanted to answer them all in this post so everyone knows the answer. Give you…
Is there a height requirement? Yes it is 40 inches (or 102 cm)
How long is the drive? The ride/experience takes approximately 18 minutes.
Is the line long? That’s what virtual queues are for – so you don’t have to wait in long lines. Having said that, they’ve added some cool stuff to the line to make sure it’s fast to pass and interactive.
Can you get multiple boarding passes in one day? Can not. Currently, you can only experience it once a day.
Did the trip drop significantly? Yes, there are, but very little. Nothing like Tower of Terror or Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!
How long will the virtual queue exist? until further notice. If you’re going in the next few months, be prepared for a virtual queue.
Are you feeling claustrophobic on this ride? In most cases, no. You do stand for a while on the simulator, but for the riding part, you’re in a convertible and most places you go are open.
Will younger kids love this ride? Yes! However, some parts are scary. Kylo Ren makes multiple appearances, stormtroopers chase you and shoot you, and actors who belong to the First Order are in roles. They’re not mean, but they’re not good.
Can I join California Adventure and get a boarding group? Can not. Now, you have to be at Disneyland to get your boarding pass.
Is the Rider Switch available for this ride? Yes. Talk to the cast about getting a pass.
Are there solo riders open for this ride? Not yet, but I think there will be in the future.
Will I be a priority if staying at Disneyland and getting “Magic Morning”? No. Now, everyone who visits the park is the same.
I hope the information and tips shared today can help you have an amazing experience at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge. Be sure to check out my Galaxy’s Edge guide and my post on all the best food in Star Wars land.
Most importantly, have the best time on this incredible new journey. May the strength of your boarding pass be with you! ! ;D