Mexican Beef Stew Recipe | Little Luna
This Mexican beef stew is a classic. It is hearty, comforting, full of vegetables and tender beef.
Simple soup like this is a lifesaver! This is a delicious spin of our classic beef stew. If you like this recipe, you will want to try our chicken stew next!
Mexican beef stew
Mexican beef stew couldn’t be easier!
If you can cut some vegetables into pieces and open a few cans, you can make this meal. I like this kind of food, you don’t need to think too much, haha!Especially those super busy nights everything In progress.
This Mexican beef stew uses similar ingredients to regular beef stew, but with new changes. I didn’t put celery because it didn’t satisfy our taste buds. I also added a jar of beans and taco seasoning. Oh, I use Rotel instead of ordinary diced tomatoes.
Mexican stew ingredients
Most of the ingredients in Mexican beef stew are exactly the same as the classic recipe, with a few exceptions.
- beef: I like to use chuck barbecue to cut into bite-sized pieces, but stew is also a good choice.
- Rotel or diced tomato with green pepper
- beef soup: Use lower sodium so you can control the amount of salt.
- Black beans
- Quick cooking tapioca flour: This is why the stew thickens during cooking. Don’t worry, it will dissolve during cooking and you won’t even know it is there.
- Taco Seasoning
Stew tips and substitutes:
- This recipe does not require you to roast beef, but if you want to add a little extra flavor, you can. If I am not in a hurry, I will do it.
- If you want, you can use other beans.
- Try not to cut the vegetables into too small pieces, otherwise they may become too mushy. I do not recommend using baby carrots in this recipe.
- This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker. Simply put the ingredients in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker and cook in LOW for 7-8 hours. I don’t recommend cooking at high places. Low speed and slow speed are best for cutting harder beef, so it is nice and tender.
Freeze friendly! Put the completely cooled Mexican beef stew into a freezer container and freeze for 4-6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as needed. I like to reheat it on the stove.
What to serve with Mexican beef stew?
For more Mexican-style soups, try:
Course main course
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 5 hours
Total time 5 hours 10 minutes
Calories 307 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 2 pounds stew (or cut the chuck roast into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 small onion, large dice
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 pound potatoes, washed and peeled, cut into large pieces
- 2 (10 oz) cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooked tapioca flour
- 1 package taco seasoning
Preheat the oven to 275°F.
Put all the ingredients in a large oven-safe pot and stir to combine. Cover and bake for 4 hours.
Remove the pan from the oven and serve.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)