Kale Salad Recipe Homemade Sweet Sauce
Sweet kale salad with chunks of apples, candied pecans, dried cranberries and bacon, with homemade sweet Dijon balsamic vinegar!
The kale salad is sweet and delicious. It will make anyone a kale lover! ! For more must-do salads, try your favorite broccoli salad, chicken caesar salad, and strawberry harvest salad.
Kale Apple Salad
Natalie from Life Made Simple has a salad recipe that is perfect for fall. I know that kale has a bad reputation, but I promise this salad will overwhelm the people who hate kale the most! On top are big chunks of apples, candied pecans, dried cranberries and my favorite part-bacon!
We like this kale salad because it has a lot of flavor. Thanks to apples and candied pecans, it is sweet, slightly salty due to bacon, and sweet and sour dried cranberries and balsamic vinegar.
Kale is so mellow and tender, it is almost unrecognizable. However, if you really want to change it to some other greens, try using Brussels sprouts or spring blends.
Kale Salad Dressing
This kale salad is ready in a few minutes.
We like to make sweet Dijon balsamic vinegar with cider and grained mustard. This is sacred! For dressings, you need:
- Whole wheat and regular Dijon mustard
- Maple sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or mild oil
Pulse + pouring. Stir everything in a food processor or stir vigorously to emulsify it. Pour it on the salad and stir well.
This salad is best enjoyed about an hour after making it.if you want One step ahead, Just put the seasoning in a separate container and throw it away when you are ready. I also recommend not to cut apples, so you don’t get a bunch of brown apple pieces.
To use it as a main dish, I suggest adding the following ingredients:
- Gorgonzola or Feta cheese
- roast chicken
- Roasted peppers
If you plan to eat it as a side dish, you can definitely add any of these ingredients!
For more salad recipes, be sure to check out:
Preparation time 15 minutes
15 minutes total time
Calories 493 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 apple cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup candied pecans, whole or roughly chopped
- 6 strips of bacon cooked and crushed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon.Coarse Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or mild oil
Combine kale, apples, pecans, bacon and cranberries in a medium bowl
In a small food processor, the ingredients of the seasoning are mixed together. Pulse until creamy and emulsified.
Pour the salad into the dressing and eat immediately.
- You can easily add feta or gorgonzola cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or grilled chicken to make it a more hearty salad.
- Don’t like kale? Replace it with shaved Brussels sprouts or mixed vegetables!
Thanks to Natalie from Life Made Simple for sharing!