How to choose a good watermelon tips + tricks
How to choose a good watermelon. These super simple tips can give you a melon every time!
Be sure to follow these steps to pick a good watermelon so that it will be juicy every time. Serve these sweet chips with a bunch of Dr. Pepper Ribs and corn on the cob, and enjoy the perfect barbecue!
Who doesn’t love watermelon? !
In the summer, I am especially obsessed with this sweet and refreshing fruit. I often think about how wonderful life would be if I kept it in the refrigerator for a whole year!
Over the years, I have learned some tips and methods for selecting high-quality watermelons, and I want to make sure you know what they are so that you can also use them.
I know that people often say that buying a good watermelon is accidental, but if you are looking for something when choosing a watermelon, that’s not necessarily the case. Once you choose it, here are some tips for cutting it!
Delicious, red and juicy! ! Watermelon should look like this, and if you follow these tips, it should help pick a melon. 😉
How to choose a good watermelon
When choosing melons, remember these tips…
- Looking for rhubarb spots ——This is where the watermelon is in the field. Make sure it is the right size and is yellow.
- Give it a good blow – You want to make sure it sounds hollow.
- Dull outside – You want to make sure that the outside of the watermelon looks dull. The shiny watermelon means it is not ripe.
- lift it up – You want to make sure that its size is heavy, which means there is a ton of water in it (what do you want!!)
- Nice oval – A watermelon with a uniform shape indicates that it has received perfect sunlight and moisture.
- Bee stings and white scars -Look for these little guys. These small traces indicate that it is sweet enough that even bees want to get in. The sting looks like brown lines or dots on a melon.
Not sure about you, but watermelon is a necessity on July 4th, so I hope these tips will help you pick a good watermelon for Independence Day. 🙂
Another thing we like to do in the summer is to make watermelon juice-great! Or prepare a large glass of fresh frozen watermelon smoothie.
For more tips, check out:
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)