Easy Sugar Cookie Bars +video
One of everyone’s favorite bar cookies – these soft sugar cookie bars are simple and topped with a delicious buttercream frosting that makes this dessert irresistible.
If you love classic sugar cookies, you’ll love bars too! It’s the perfect dessert to feed a crowd as it fills the entire pan! We also have a cherry version and a pistachio version.
Family Favorite Sugar Cookie Bars
Is it possible not to like sugar cookies? ! I don’t think so! This is probably my favorite cookie, right out of a chocolate chip cookie and a snickers bar.
We recently decided to try making sugar cookie bars. We already have cookie bars and Snickers bars, so why not order these delicious cookie bars? ! We’re glad we tried them out as they’ve become a household choice for many features.
We love that these are easier than rolling out, cutting, and frosting each cookie, but also love that this recipe can feed quite a crowd. They are perfect for any function and can be customized with frosting and sprinkles for any holiday or party.
How to Make Sugar Cookie Bars
As mentioned, these bars are easier to make than cookies because no rolling or cutting is required. They’re also easier to frost than frosting each sugar cookie individually (even though they’re so worth it!) 😉
Not gonna lie, this recipe calls for quite a bit of butter and cream cheese, which is probably why they are so delicious, but trust me – they are delicious and you will love them! !
Here are some of our tips for making the perfect sugar cookie bar:
- Be sure to beat the butter and sugar thoroughly. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cookie bar.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and press the dough evenly onto the paper.
- Watch carefully and don’t overbake the cookies. If anything, underbake, let them finish in the pan.
- After applying the frosting, place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the frosting to set. This will help make the rebar easier and cleaner to cut.
advance and store
go ahead. You can make the dough ahead of time to bake it later. Here are our recommendations:
- Room temperature: Cover and store for 2-4 hours
- Fridge: Roll out the dough into a thick log shape. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-5 days.
- Freezer: Roll out the dough into a thick log shape. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Label and freeze for about 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bake as the recipe says.
how Storing Sugar Cookie Bars?
- Room temperature: Store cookies in a baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. To help keep the cookies fresh, don’t cut until you’re ready to serve. Store at room temperature for 3-5 days. Store remaining cookies in layers in an airtight container.
- Freeze baked cookies and cut them into strips. (If they are frosted, snap freeze to set the frosting.) Use a freezer-safe airtight container to layer the sticks. Separate the layers with wax or parchment paper. Freeze for 3-6 months.
I hope you love these Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese as much as we do. So soft, so delicious and so easy to make! ! And I also love that it makes a lot of things that are great for events!
For more sugar cookies, check out:
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Serving Size 24
Calories 351 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 – 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 – 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring
- light rain
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat butter, sugar, eggs and 12 oz. Cream cheese until well combined and slightly frothy (a few minutes).
Add vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl – mix well.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir for a few minutes. Pour into a large jelly roll pan (use parchment paper if needed) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Once the cake has cooled – add the frosting. To make, beat ½ cup butter and 4 oz. Cream cheese until well combined. Add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Added to cookies. Please enjoy!