Easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe | Little Luna
Roasted asparagus is the best side dish in almost any dinner recipe! Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little parmesan cheese – this recipe is amazing!
When it comes to side dishes, even a little Parmesan can go a long way, especially with vegetables like zucchini, potatoes, and these asparagus! Try the grilled version of these asparagus!
BBQ for Victory
Isn’t BBQ the best? If I had it my way, I’d grill every day. Not only is the food delicious, but I love the smell of grilled food outside!
I love living in Arizona because we can grill outdoors almost any time of the year! We grilled so many different foods – vegetables, asada meat, yakitori and of course these best Dr Pepper ribs ever!
Asparagus is one of our family’s favorite side dishes. We’ll be ready to eat it any way we like, but we like it roasted best for its crunchy texture. I like to keep my seasonings simple…salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and a little parmesan. Grated cheese takes the flavor of this grilled asparagus to the next level! So delicious – you’ll love making this winning side dish.
Tips for picking and storing asparagus
Some tips to consider when picking asparagus…
- Buy during peak season. This will help provide the freshest, most cost-effective product.
- Look for a tight bunch of sprouts on asparagus spears.
- The spear should be bright green and sturdy and not limp.
- For this recipe, look for a bunch of medium-sized stalks, as they hold up better when roasted.
- Do not store in plastic bags or containers. Store in an open brown bag in the crisper drawer, or stand upright in a glass of water, facing the front of the refrigerator. Be sure to change the water and trim the ends if needed. They should last 4-8 days.
- Be sure to wash them and trim the stems before use.
- prune: The bottoms of asparagus are usually tough and need to be trimmed off. If you bend the asparagus, it will snap where the thicker part starts. You can also trim any thickened areas of the asparagus with a sharp paring knife. Thicker parts may have slightly different colors.
How to Roast Asparagus
- Preheat the grill: You want to hear the stems sizzle and start to scorch right away.
- Make sure you grill the asparagus perpendicular to the grill so the stems don’t slip through, or use a grilling basket.
Grilling time for asparagus:
- Roast the asparagus for 2-3 minutes, until they are tender. Do not overcook or they will become mushy. Serve immediately after cooking!
How to grill in foil packs? I love the look, taste and texture of the asparagus directly on the grill, but you can also wrap the asparagus in foil before tossing it on the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on size.
For more asparagus recipes, check out:
Course Side Dishes
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total time 8 minutes
Calories 33 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat grill to high heat. Toss asparagus with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper, Parmesan and garlic, then toss again.
Roast asparagus over high heat for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Serve immediately.