DIY witch hat
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Michaels. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Don’t you like Halloween? !
The kids are so excited, it’s hard not to be excited myself. I don’t think it has to be because of the candy, but because of all the fun events of the month like carnivals, pumpkin patch outings and tree trunks or treats! !
My daughter Lily was so excited to dress up this year that I decided to make her a cute and easy DIY witch hat out of felt. She was happy that I made it, so I went to Michael’s house to get all the supplies. Best of all, it ended up costing just a few dollars and was the perfect addition to her witch costume. I also love that it’s a great piece to have if you want to get a little festive without dressing up. In fact, I think I’ll be wearing it when Lily isn’t paying attention. 😉
Here’s what you need to make this adorable DIY witch hat…
– Black Felt (2 large pieces) – found at Michael’s
– Decorations (spiders and crows) – found at Michael’s house
– Hot glue gun and stick
1. Gather all your supplies.
2. Draw a circle on your large felt (I used a plate). Cut out and cut in half of the circle.
3. Wrap the felt until a cone is formed. Cut off the excess.
4. Cut another circle a bit larger than the bottom of the felt cone. I used a harder glitter black felt.
5. Hot glue the cone to the glitter felt. I hot glued the lace around the rim to make it more festive and hide the hot glue.
6. Then I hot glued some spiders and a crow to the hat.
7. From there I cut a piece of felt (I made a heart just because) and hot glued it to our headband.
It’s very simple!
The whole project took only half an hour to complete and only cost a few dollars – SCORE! !
Doesn’t Lily look cute? ! love it! !
I want to make sure you know that something great is going on with Michael right now…
- Check out Michaels’ Halloween Market Look Book or Halloween Pinterest Board for some of the most popular items, including costumes, personalized pumpkins, porch decorations, and more.
- Haven’t decided what kind of person you want to be? Check out some Michaels DIY Halloween costume projects on Michaels.com for inspiration.
- Did you watch the Michaels Makers Challenge in September? If you’re looking for quick DIY projects to beautify your nest, there are lovely home decor projects for fall.
For more Halloween costume ideas, you can also check out the following posts: