Butterscotch Cookies Simple + Delicious
The soft and chewy butterscotch biscuits are simply delicious. If you like butterscotch, you will want to make these over and over again! !
Sometimes I just want to eat some good butterscotch, such as no-bake butterscotch biscuits, butterscotch caramel bars and butterscotch graham pie. However, you can’t go wrong with my favorite butterscotch biscuits.
You don’t need a special occasion to make these incredible butterscotch cookies. Bake them anytime! They are chewy on the inside and a bit crunchy on the outside-perfect biscuit texture. Butterscotch chips are an interesting alternative to chocolate chips.
If you have never tried to make biscuits with butterscotch chips, I highly recommend it. My whole family likes to make and eat these-they are addictive!
These cookies are very chewy and delicious. Make sure you have a large glass of milk to match. It takes less than 20 minutes to make a whole batch of these delicacies. How can it be that simple? ?
How to make butterscotch cookies
Prepare. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Dry ingredients. Take a small bowl and mix the flour, salt and baking soda together. When you mix the butter and sugar together in a stand mixer, set it aside.
Wet ingredients. Add two eggs one at a time until they are completely mixed together. Don’t forget to add vanilla! Take your flour mixture and slowly add it to your wet ingredients.
chip. Pour in two cups of butterscotch chips and mix them together with a spoon/spatula.
bake. Scoop onto an unoiled biscuit chip and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Prompt, change + store information
- scoop: Sometimes I use one biscuit spoon, sometimes I only use two spoons. Or my hand. No matter what you use, scoop your cookie dough into a ball and place it on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- For thicker/fluffy biscuits There are a few things you can do.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Add up to ¼ c flour
- Use ½ c shortening instead of ½ c butter.
- For more chewy biscuits, Use the same amount of brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- For the crunchy center soft biscuits, Before scooping and baking, cool the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. This will help keep the outside soft and the inside soft.
Shop Cookie dough In an airtight container, put it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before baking.
freeze The dough is in the form of logs or balls of dough.
- Log: Divide the dough into two parts and make a log. Wrap the logs in plastic and then wrap them in aluminum foil. Mark and freeze.
- Dough ball: Scoop the dough into a ball and place it on a piece of paper. Then, put the paper in the refrigerator. Once the dough has hardened, transfer them to the freezer-safe Ziploc. It can be stored for up to 3 months.
Shop Baking cookies (Cooled) in a sealed container. They can last 3-4 days at room temperature. Put a piece of white bread in the container to help them stay soft.
For more cookie recipes, please check:
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 8 minutes
Total time 18 minutes
A serving of 48 biscuits
Calories 113 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs large
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
Using a stand mixer or in a large bowl, mix the sugar and butter together.
Add vanilla and eggs at once.
Slowly add the flour mixture until all is combined. Add butterscotch chips.
Scoop onto an unoiled biscuit chip and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Tried and real findings:
- Difficulty: easy
- How much does it feed: 4 dozen
- Any changes: add a little flour, 1/4 cup
- Any suggestions for the next time: none
Adapted from Genius Kitchen.