Simple pistachio salad only 4 ingredients!
Everyone loves this pistachio salad! This cool salad is perfect for summer or any holiday gathering.
You must try this delightful pistachio salad! Pistachio cakes, pistachio candy cookie bars and pistachio bread are family favorites and must-try pistachio snacks! !
Pistachio Pudding Salad
Looking for something delicious and different to bring to your next summer dinner? This pistachio pudding salad is just that. This is almost a dessert, but who says you can’t eat dessert first, right? There is nothing better than a refreshing dessert on a hot summer day. It goes perfectly with hamburgers and hot dogs. Or whatever is cooking on the grill!
My children are crazy about this dish. They like little marshmallows and whipped cream-who doesn’t? ? I like the taste combination of pineapple and pistachio. It is tropical, but also classic. It has a fun green color that your child will think it is fun. I don’t think you will eat a salad with marshmallows.
This dessert has many different names, such as Pratunam Salad, Pistachio Delight, Green Things, Green Fluff, Green Gooey, Green Jelly Salad, and Pistachio Mallow Salad. But no matter what you call it, it is so delicious!
How to make pistachio jelly salad
This is a big pistachio salad, perfect for picnics and dinners with friends. It serves about 12 people, which is amazing! You only need four ingredients to make this pistachio pudding salad:
- Pineapple chopped
- Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- Frozen whipped topping
- Mini marshmallows
Combine. First mix the drained canned pineapple and dried pistachio pudding in a large bowl. Make sure your whipped ingredients have been thawed, as it is easier to handle.
fold. Fold the whipped ingredients and mini marshmallows into the pudding/pineapple mixture. Mix them together until they are completely mixed.
Cooling + serving. Cover it and put it in the refrigerator before serving. Put a whipped surface layer on top and sprinkle some chopped pistachios for extra touch.
Prompt, change + store information
Quickly defrost cool whip: The cool whip should be thawed in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- If you accidentally forget to defrost, you can use many different methods. You can leave it on the counter for up to 2 hours. The texture may not be as good, but it is faster than waiting in the refrigerator.
- Another method is to use the defrost button on the microwave: defrost for 30 seconds and then stir, put in the refrigerator for 2-3 minutes and repeat until it has the right texture.
- The last method involves a large bowl of cold water. Let the cool whip container float in the water for 30-40 minutes before it is ready to use.
- The longer this salad is left around, the more likely the cold whip will melt. In order to avoid this, I suggest not to leave it at room temperature for a long time, not even more than 30 minutes.
- Drain the pineapple and pat dry to prevent it from adding too much liquid to the salad.
- Make sure you use instant pudding
- To get a fluffy texture, make sure to fold the cool whip and don’t crush all the air.
Shop Cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. This salad can only be kept for about 3-4 days, because sometimes the water in the pineapple likes to seep out and separate the cool whip by adding more water to the salad.
For other holidays:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooling time 30 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
Calories 42 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 (10.5 oz) package of miniature marshmallows
Adapted from AllRecipes.com.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)