Buffalo Chicken Soup 30 Minute Dinner
Add all the flavors of your favorite appetizers to this delicious Buffalo Chicken Soup. It was so hearty and tasted like buffalo wings!
For all things Buffalo, try Buffalo Chicken French Bread, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. If you love the taste of buffalo wings, you’ll love this buffalo chicken soup!
Wings + Soup = Winner
We love soup! Some of my favorites include this cheesy potato and this chicken tortilla soup – so many great ones.
Well, I have a new soup to add to my go-to list, and if you’re a fan of buffalo sauce and chicken wings, you’ll want to add this to your list too! Today’s tried and true recipe, my personal favorite, is this Buffalo Chicken Soup!
This soup is simple in ingredients, yet full of flavour! You can increase the spice by adding more wing paste, or reduce it by adding less. I personally like my food spicy and could have eaten more, but even a ¼ cup is delicious! It really tastes like buffalo wings in soup form!
Like almost every recipe on Lil’ Luna, this chicken soup is simple and perfect for year-round enjoyment. It’s delicious and can be even more delicious depending on the garnishes added. Drizzle with some ranch dressing or blue cheese and you’ll feel like you’re eating soup-like wings!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Soup
vegetable. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat, then cook the celery in the melted butter for about 5 minutes, until tender.
Sauce. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until absorbed. Slowly stir half and half of the water. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the liquid.
Chick. Stir in cooked chicken, buffalo wing sauce and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium-low heat. Let the soup simmer until the cheese is completely melted, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- tortilla strips
- corn flake
- blue cheese
- green onion
- goat cheese
- sour cream
Soup Club thicken If you let it simmer uncovered. You can also add more cheddar cheese.
if you want make it thin I recommend adding more broth (aka a combination of broth and water).
How to make it in an Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker:
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting.
- Add butter and celery and saute celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until absorbed.
- Pour in half and half and water. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the liquid.
- Stir in chicken, buffalo wing sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release when cooking time is complete.
- Once the pressure is released, carefully remove the cap.
- Stir the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
How to make it in the slow cooker:
- Follow recipe instructions #1-3
- Once the broth has dissolved, add it all to the crock pot.
- Pour chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and cheddar into crock pot and secure lid.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- When done, stir and serve with toppings of choice.
Changes + Tips
Want to change it? Here are some ideas…
- Serve with some baguettes and dip in the soup to cool off a bit.
- Add some roasted vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts.
- Use chicken thighs or chicken breasts or a mixture of both. Thighs will provide more fat from dark meat, but breasts will be a leaner option.
- Mix it up a bit, then use a different type of cheese like Colby Jack or 3 mix Mexican cheese.
- If you think the soup is a little too spicy for you, try adding half and half. It cools the heat and makes it creamy. If you don’t have half, try adding some cream cheese or whole milk.
shop Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Store toppings separately. reheat Microwave in 30 second increments until warm. Add any toppings after reheating. If you plan to store it longer then I recommend freezing it.
freeze, cool and pour into an airtight freezer container. Freeze for 4-5 months.Thaw in the refrigerator 24 hours before serving, then reheat It is hot in the microwave in 30 second increments. You can also heat it up in a pot on the stove, stirring frequently. Add any toppings after reheating.
For a more delicious soup, try:
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Calories 252 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups water
- 1 piece of chicken stock
- 2 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce or more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- black pepper
- blue cheese for garnish
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat; cook celery in melted butter for 5 minutes, until tender.
Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until absorbed.
Turn to medium fire. Slowly stir half and half of the water. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in the liquid.
Stir in chicken, buffalo wing sauce and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium-low heat.
Let the soup simmer until the cheese is completely melted, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Adapted from allrecipes.com