Brownie Puppy Chow Mix Sweet + Salty
Brownie Puppy Chow Mix is filled with brownie chunks, pretzels, peanut butter M&Ms, and white and milk chocolate chips!
This delicious and easy brownie puppy food mix is full of savory and sweet! It’s the perfect snack combination. For more snacks, try White Chocolate Puppy Chow, Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow and S’mores Puppy Chow.
salty + sweet
We love making new treats that combine classic treats. It’s like the best of both worlds!
Today’s Brownie Puppy Chow Mix recipe is just that – Puppy Chow with new ingredients like brownies, pretzels, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and peanut butter M&MS!
We think it’s the perfect combination for a party or any gathering (or movie night!) – especially if you like sweet and savory combos!
Make Brownie Puppy Food
cereals. Pour the cereal into a large bowl
coating. In a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter over low heat, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
mix. Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated. Pour the powdered sugar into a two-gallon resealable plastic bag, then add the cereal to the bag. Seal the bag and shake until well coated.
tip: If you don’t have plastic bags, you can Spread the CHEX mixture on a parchment-lined pan. Use a sieve to spread the grain mixture evenly. Use a spatula to flip the grains over as needed.
Cool + Enjoy! Spread out on wax paper to cool. After cooling, pour into a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Please enjoy!
*notes*: use one big bowl will help you stir everything together more easily.
warn: Sometimes kids try to share their puppy food with their furry friends. Make sure your child knows that this “puppy food” cannot be given to real puppies or dogs because of the chocolate. I think that’s why they’re often called mud buddies or other names like monkey munch.
Make changes by doing the following…
- use one Boxed Brownie Mix instead of powdered sugar for extra chocolate flavor
- make a sweeter version Omit the salty pretzels
- use your preferred type chocolate beans: Peanuts, peanut butter, brownies, plain, caramel and more…
- make it mini By using mini chocolate chips, mini m&ms and mini pretzels
Ingredient Tips + Storage Information
Remember these tips and keep in mind…
- peanut butter: Regular peanut butter works best. The natural kind doesn’t combine well either. Also, do Do not use crunchy peanut butter, It creates the wrong texture and gives the powdered sugar a matte coating.
- cereals: Crispix and Corn Chex grains are as effective as traditional Rice Chex.
- Brownies: To make this mixing easier, we used store-bought brownies.If you’re feeling more domestic, go ahead Make your own chocolate cake. You can use the box mix or our homemade brownie recipe. After baking, let them cool and cut into small pieces.
shop Puppy food in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 5 days. However, brownies don’t last long.To extend the shelf life, you can freeze It lasts up to 3 months.
For more Puppy Chow recipes, try:
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
Total time 10 minutes
Serving Size 15
Calories 481 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 9 cups rice chex any variety
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Brownie cubes (we bought a chocolate cake from the store and cut it into quarters)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup Peanut Butter M&MS or any variety
Pour the cereal into a large bowl
In a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter over low heat, stirring frequently until melted.
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Pour the mixture over the cereal and stir until evenly coated.
Pour the powdered sugar into a two-gallon resealable plastic bag, then add the cereal to the bag.
Seal the bag and shake until well coated.
Spread out on wax paper to cool.
Pour into a large bowl when cooled, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Please enjoy!