Black & White Chips Soft + Chewy
The tiny black and white chipper tastes like a slicer from a bakery in heaven. They are full of chocolate!
Black and white slicers are great for everyday baking, but also great for cookie swaps this time of year. Complete the cookie plate with some chewy triple chocolate chip cookies and chocolate M&M cake cookies.
The holidays mean baking in our house. I stock up on butter this time of year because I seem to be making cookies or snacks every other day. Kids love it. I like it. Usually, the person who gets the snack loves it.
One of our favorite recipes is Chocolate Marshmallow Melt. The chocolate chip cookie base reminded me of the black and white slicer at Paradise Bakery, so I decided to keep some of the dough, add some white chocolate chips, and give it a try. These black and white chocolate chip cookies end up tasting just like them! !
I want to make sure you get the recipe too, because these little guys are delicious and addicting. It’s the perfect combination of white and milk chocolate, and since they’re crispy, they’re a bit smaller than normal, making it easier for you to justify eating some. 😉
Making Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prepare. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
wet ingredients. Beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda; gradually add dry mixture to shortening and mix well. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
bake. Use a small cookie scoop on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Tips, Changes + Stored Information
To keep them soft/moist:
- Do not over bake
- Store them in an airtight container on the counter to prevent them from drying out
- Store them with a loaf of white bread so the bread goes bad first
- Do not overmix the cookie dough
- cocoa powder: You can use your personal favorite brand of cocoa powder, but if you want a rich chocolate flavor, I recommend Dutch craft cocoa or a special dark cocoa powder.
- chocolate chip brand: We personally love Ghirardelli chocolate chips, but you can use any brand you have on hand.
- Feel free to add chopped nuts
- Use mini chocolate chips instead of regular sized ones
shop These keep in a resealable bag/container on the counter for up to a week.
- Bake Cookies: Baked cookies should keep for about 3 weeks in a freezer-safe bag. Let them thaw at room temperature.
- Cookies: Frozen cookie dough should keep for about 3 months in a freezer-safe bag, whether rolled into individual balls or cookie dough rolled into individual logs.
More copycat cookie recipes:
Prep time 5 minutes
cooking time 6 minutes
Total time 11 minutes
Serving Size 36
Calories 109 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup roasted cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda; gradually add dry mixture to shortening and mix well.
Stir in the white chocolate chips.
Use a small cookie scoop on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!