Best Pasta Casserole Recipe | Little Luna
Pasta casserole is the definition of comfort food! Sumptuous, delicious, simple way to make and eat pasta.
With 6 children, we like the spaghetti in this house. Whether we decide to make chicken pasta, chili pasta or this new pasta casserole, it’s fun to switch it from time to time!
Easy Baked Pasta Casserole
Did I mention how much I like casseroles? I like how easily they are stirred and thrown into the oven for dinner. The casseroles are also perfect for making in advance or as a frozen meal later!
This simple baked pasta casserole is all these things and more. Pasta, meat sauce and lots of cheese! What else can you want?
This dinner is 100% approved by children and is perfect for any day of the week. But children are not the only ones who like this recipe. Adults will also like it. It is nostalgic, comforting, and very delicious. It’s just an old classic recipe that will never go out of style.
Tips for Pasta
Here are some pasta tips to remember…
- Divide spaghetti into four equal parts, which is easier to cut, eat and eat
- Try other pasta dishes: Angel hair is the most similar, keeping the appearance of “spaghetti”, but you can also use shaped pasta, such as macaroni and bow ties
- Add about 1 teaspoon of salt to the pasta water to season the noodles
- If you plan to freeze the casserole for later use, cook the pasta
- Once drained, keep the pasta warm and unrinsed, as it absorbs the sauce better than rinsed cold pasta
How to make a pasta casserole
Prepare. First preheat the oven to 350 degrees. When the oven is preheating, cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
Sauce. When cooking the pasta, add the ground beef to a large frying pan. Cook and divide into small pieces until browned and cooked. Drain the fat, then return the ground beef to the frying pan. Add spaghetti sauce, sour cream, garlic salt, oregano and basil to the frying pan. Stir everything to mix.
Combine. Add the noodles and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the frying pan and stir well.
bake. Pour the casserole into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top. Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the tin foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and brown.
- If you can, avoid using pre-shredded bags of cheese. It contains a coating that prevents the cheese from sticking together, but it also prevents the cheese from melting.For best results, stick to shredding your own mozzarella cheese cubes
- Use spiced chopped sausage instead of ground beef or use it with ground beef
- Secretly add some diced vegetables, mushrooms or bell peppers
- Season with red pepper flakes or hot sauce
Advance + side option
One reason I like casseroles is because they are usually a great frozen meal. This dish is different!
The only adjustment to be done is to cook the pasta and assemble it as written. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, and then cover with foil again. freeze Up to 3 months. When you are ready to use it, thaw it in the refrigerator and bake it according to the instructions. (Be sure to remove the plastic wrap)
go ahead. If you don’t want to freeze this dish, you can still make it 24 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate until baked.
What to serve with spaghetti casserole? Here are some of our favorite aspects…
For more pasta recipes, please try:
Course main course
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Total time 1 hour 5 minutes
Calories 461 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 16 oz package pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 26.5 ounces spaghetti sauce can (or horse-drawn can)
Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain.
When cooking the pasta, add the ground beef to a large frying pan. Cook and divide into small pieces until browned and cooked. Drain the fat, then return the ground beef to the frying pan.
Add the pasta sauce, sour cream, garlic salt, oregano and basil to the frying pan and stir to combine. Add the noodles and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the frying pan and stir to combine.
Pour the casserole into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese bubbling and browning.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)