3 ingredient banana bread recipe
Simple, fast and delicious banana bread, using only 3 ingredients-ripe banana, egg and yellow cake mixture. Add the fourth ingredient-chocolate chips-if you like them!
We like banana bread in various forms—traditional banana bread, banana bread muffins, cream cheese banana bread—the list goes on. This recipe is no different! We especially like that it only requires three ingredients!
Yes-only 3 ingredients!
We fully understand simple recipes-today’s bread recipe is-simple!
We have been a long-time fan of banana bread, and we want to make a recipe on the website that consists of only 3 ingredients-yellow cake flour, eggs, and overripe bananas. Yes, there are many ingredients in cake mix, which is a bit like cheating, but only one ingredient can be purchased. 😉
These three-ingredient banana breads are ultimately more cake-like than some of our other banana breads, but they are delicious and loved by the whole family. It is especially good when your pantry has few staples but still want some delicious bread.
You need a ripe banana
This simple recipe requires ripe or better bananas. When most banana peels are brown with spots, you can tell when the bananas are ripe.
When my bananas reach that stage, I put them in the refrigerator. So I can use them in recipes. Bananas can be frozen for up to 3 months. When you want to use them, let them thaw, cut the tip of the peel, gently squeeze the other end, and the banana will slip out.
If you want to make this recipe but the bananas are not ripe enough, you can speed up the process by doing the following:
- Put the bananas and apples together in a brown bag for a day or two.
- Place the banana peel on the baking sheet intact. Heat the oven to 300°F and roast the bananas for about 15 minutes, or until the peel is completely black.Let the banana cool, cut the peel, scoop out the banana
How to make 3 ingredients banana bread
This recipe is very simple-just as you might imagine.
To make bread, first mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
Add the egg and cake mixture and stir by hand with a wooden spoon.
Grease only the bottom of the bread pan, then divide the batter into two halves and pour it into the bread pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 28-35 minutes.
Elective: If you like to add chocolate to the banana bread, sprinkle some chocolate chips before baking.
Change + storage
You can easily change the flavor of this banana bread by using different cake mixes, the spice cake mix will taste great. For chocolate banana bread, use a box of chocolate cake mix, or use strawberry cake mix for strawberry banana bread. you understood!
- Depending on the taste of the cake flour, try using white chocolate chips or cinnamon chips.
- Add chopped nuts, such as walnuts, to the top before baking.
Banana Muffins: I like to make quick bread muffins for my children. I usually leave some and put the rest in the refrigerator. They are an easy snack on hand, or something that can be eaten quickly at breakfast.
- Muffins: Divide the batter evenly into approximately 24 muffin tins. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- Mini bread: You can also use 4-5 mini bread pans and bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
How to store it? The bread batter can be covered and placed in the refrigerator for several hours before baking. When storing toast, let the bread cool completely before placing it in an airtight container. I usually only use Ziploc bags.
- Store at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- In the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap the bread with plastic wrap before putting it in Ziploc, or you can wrap it again with aluminum foil.
For more quick bread recipes, please check:
Preparation time 10 minutes
30 minutes cooking time
Calories 140 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 2 bananas overripe
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow cake mix box
Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
Add the eggs and cake mix and stir by hand with a wooden spoon.
Grease only the bottom of the bread pan and fill it halfway. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, and check the middle with a toothpick before taking it out. You may need to extend the baking time according to the temperature of the oven.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)