10 Uses for Baking Soda
Hello! It’s Kimberly from Night Owl, and I’m back this month with easy and practical family tips! We share top tips on everything from how to soften butter quickly for great baking to how to clean curling irons!And today we share 10 Uses for Baking Soda!
Baking soda is a great product to use at home! There are so many great uses for everything from baking to refreshing to cleaning, and today we’re just going to cover a few!
1. Air fresheners – Baking soda is a natural deodorant! This means you can make an all-natural air freshener at home by adding a few drops of essential oil to a baking soda can.
2. Fresh breath – Running out of mouthwash? Don’t worry, baking soda will not only freshen the air around you, it will also freshen your breath! Just pour a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water, gargle, spit and rinse!
3. Eliminate the odor from the boy’s bathroom -I have a room full of boys and I can attest that this vinegar and lemon baking soda mixture really works! Baking soda is the key to keeping everything fresh and clean.
4. Relieves heartburn and upset stomach – Baking soda is a natural antacid! Add an appropriate amount of water and mix it (see the baking soda package for dosage and usage), it can naturally relieve stomach pain.
5. Scrub plates and pans – Pour a few tablespoons into a sink filled with water and dish soap to help remove grease and sticking to food. You can also sprinkle more baking soda in stubborn pans to help scrub food.
6. Boost your laundry detergent – Add half a cup of baking soda to your laundry detergent to make your laundry detergent go even further! Baking soda helps soften water for cleaner, fresher and brighter clothes!
7. Remove grease – There is nothing more frustrating than your car leaving oil stains on a clean garage floor or carport! Get oil and grease by sprinkling baking soda on the area and scrubbing with a damp brush.
8. Soak your feet or take a bath – Soak in a mixture of baking soda and lukewarm water to relieve stress throughout the day and relieve sore feet or body! Baking soda will help soothe and soften your skin.
9. Reduce bean gas – Here’s your fall cooking pot and holiday cooking tip (I learned it from my mom!), add a teaspoon of baking soda to your beans when you cook them to help reduce gas when you enjoy them later! Now you know everyone will take this tip!
10. Clean appliances – Sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth to easily wipe and clean the microwave and rinse. Sprinkle baking soda and water on the bottom of the oven and let it sit overnight. Clean and rinse with a rag or sponge the next morning.
Like I said, isn’t baking soda an amazing product?must give these 10 Uses for Baking Soda Give it a try and let us know what else you like to do with it!
Love all the tips! Thank you, Kimberly! !
For more great tips and creations from Kimberly-Clark, be sure to head over to Night Owl.
For some of her top tips, be sure to check out the website: