The Secret Life of Pet Movie Night
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment and all opinions are 100% my own.
Ever wonder what your pet does when you’re not home? The Secret Life of Pets is a comedy about what life our pets lead every day after we go to work or school. To celebrate the movie coming to Blu-ray and DVD, we decided to host a themed movie night at home and the kids loved it! The best part? Putting together is a breeze. We went to the kitchen and made some delicious treats based on the characters in the movie to make it even more fun!
Here are some fun little details from our evening…
Adorable Fluffy Gadget Cupcakes
This cute, fluffy cupcake topped with marshmallows was inspired by Gidget from the movie. You can check out the image below and see the similarities. Interesting, right? !
We also have some puppy food mixes and paw print treats for all the adorable puppies The Secret Life of Pets.
Puppy Chow – Recipe found here.
Paw Print Cupcakes – just add chocolate candies and Oreos!
you can take home The Secret Life of Pets (from the humans behind Despicable Me) 3 Blu-ray and DVD mini-movies available starting December 6th, just in time for the holidays!
The new release contains nearly an hour of extra content, including three hilarious mini-movies: the all-new Norman TV and the theatrically debut Weenie PLUS Mower Minions.
Check out the trailer below:
The movie is really cute, as are these delicious treats. Cupcakes are super easy to make, here’s the recipe:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can white (vanilla) frosting
- Oreo Cookies
- Black M&MS
- big candy eyeball
- pink toffee
- white marshmallow
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. When cool, sprinkle vanilla frosting on top.
- For paw print cupcakes, place Oreos on top of frosting, then add three M&Ms.
- For Gidget cupcakes, place marshmallows on top, then add candy eyes and M&M noses (use a bit of frosting underneath to stick to the marshmallows).
- To make the bow and tongue, use a rolling pin to roll out the toffee. Using a sharp knife, cut out a bow and a tongue (with a little frosting underneath to stick it to the marshmallow).
The kids love this movie, we probably watched it at least 3 times this weekend!
I hope you enjoy this movie as much as we do!