Strawberry Spinach Salad Homemade Vinaigrette
This Strawberry Spinach Salad is fresh, naturally sweet, colorful and absolutely delicious. Serve it as a quick lunch, dinner or light meal!
This delicious salad is similar to our Strawberry Harvest Salad, but with a slightly different flavor. It has a homemade dressing, but it also goes great with our strawberry vinaigrette!
easy, fast + delicious
Beautiful, healthy and always flattering! This delicious Spinach Strawberry Salad is delicious.
It’s healthy, but never boring. Sweet and juicy strawberries, crunchy almond slices and the earthy flavor of spinach combine for a hearty lunch or the perfect dinner.
I love a good salad recipe and this one is quick and easy. It’s also great for replacing and adding! Add a touch of heavy cream and some feta cheese, or a handful of blueberries for a sweeter touch. good to eat!
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
This recipe comes with a homemade dressing that goes perfectly with the flavors of the salad! You’ll start by making the dressing, as it does need to be refrigerated for at least an hour for the best flavor.
dressing. In a medium bowl whisk together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
gather. Combine spinach, strawberries, and almonds in a large salad bowl. Add seasoning and toss. Refrigerate for an additional 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Variety: This salad is very simple. You can dress it up with many other delicious ingredients. Some ideas include:
- Add grilled chicken or bacon cubes for some protein
- use other fruits such as blueberries or raspberries
- add walnuts or pecans
- use cheese, such as mozzarella or feta
- Use different dressings (we love strawberry vinaigrette for salads too!)
Storage Tips + Tricks
one step ahead: You can make the ingredients ahead of time, but I don’t recommend mixing them together until you’re ready to serve.
- Strawberries: Slice and place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 day.
- Spinach can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for about 3 days
- The dressing can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Stir together before serving
storage: Leftover salad can be covered and put in the refrigerator. Use as soon as possible, as the salad will wilt and get soggy quickly.
For more salad recipes, check out:
Prep time 15 minutes
Refrigerate the dressing for 1 hour
Total time 1 hour 15 minutes
Calories 253 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 10 ounces fresh spinach rinsed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 quart strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 c sliced almonds blanched
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4 c distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
In a medium bowl whisk together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
Add spinach, strawberries, and almonds to a large salad bowl. Add seasoning and toss. Refrigerate for an additional 10 to 15 minutes before serving.