Simple Banana Chip Muffins+Video
The delicious and simple banana crumb muffins are perfect for using up those overripe bananas. The whole family is crazy about these muffins!
These banana crumb muffins are quick and easy to make. They are soggy and delicious. For more banana recipes that we like, try banana chocolate chip cookies, cream cheese banana bread and cinnamon cream cheese frosting banana cupcakes.
Who likes bananas here?
This is a kind of fruit that I buy in the store every week, because not only I like it, but my kids also like it!
Unfortunately, I feel that our fruits are “rested for a few weeks” and sometimes they are not eaten (I swear they were eaten within 2 days of “in a few weeks”!!!)
I usually don’t mind that they are not eaten, because I try to keep a lot of banana recipes (such as frosted banana sticks or our classic banana bread) for all those overripe bananas that are not eaten.
Today’s banana crumb muffin recipe is another of them. Children love them, we have extra things, we like to freeze them and take them out a few days later.
We have made it several times in the past few months and may make it faster during all the “rest weeks” of banana use.
Making banana muffins
Prepare. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line up the 10 muffin tray slots with the liner, or lubricate them.
Dry ingredients. Mix 1 1/2c flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
Wet ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just moistened. Scoop the batter into the muffin lining in the muffin pan.
Bread crumb topping
mix. In another small bowl, mix brown sugar, 2 TB flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 TB butter and mix until crumbs are formed.
bake. Sprinkle the crumbs on the muffin batter and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the toothpicks are clean.
*tip: Sometimes you will notice that the muffin sticks to the paper liner.You can gently Spray lining Use cooking spray before adding the batter to help reduce sticking. You can also use foil lining or silicone lining.
- You can Reduce sugar ½ c not so sweet version
- Add chopped Pecans or walnuts Toppings to the collapse
- Replace half of all-purpose flour with an equal amount of flour flour
- Add to Mini chocolate chips Give batter
- Mini muffins: Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
This recipe requires Overripe bananas. The banana peel should be covered with brown and very soft to the touch.
- Frozen ripe bananas: Sometimes my kids will eat all the bananas before any one of them is ripe, other times I think I only have a few unfinished ripe bananas. If I am not going to bake anything, I will put the whole banana in the refrigerator. So I have some on hand. When I was ready to use them, I let them defrost a little on the counter before mashing them.
- To ripen the banana: If you don’t have any ripe bananas, you can use the oven to roast the bananas enough to sweeten and soften them. Preheat the oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the unpeeled bananas on a piece of paper and bake for 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes. Let the bananas cool before peeling and mashing them.
One benefit of banana muffins is that they become more moist and sweeter the next day.You can easily Shop They can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container and remain fresh.
Of course, they will eventually dry out, so for longer storage, you can freeze them. I like to put each muffin in a folded top sandwich bag and store them together in the refrigerator. The muffins will be kept in the refrigerator for several months.
For more delicious muffins, please check:
Preparation time 8 minutes
Cooking time 18 minutes
Total time 26 minutes
Calories 273 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 overripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Bread crumb topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter cold
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line up the 10 muffin tray slots with the liner, or lubricate them.
Mix 1 1/2c flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just moistened. Scoop the batter into the muffin lining in the muffin pan.
Bread crumb topping
In another small bowl, mix brown sugar, 2 TB flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 TB butter and mix until crumbs are formed.
Sprinkle the crumbs on the muffin batter and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the toothpicks are clean.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)