Salsa Verde recipe (aka green salsa)-2 minutes to complete!
Sweet Salsa Verde-a delicious salsa recipe, sweet and spicy, it only takes a few minutes to make. Ingredients include tomatoes, jalapenos, sugar and coriander.
Delicious, sweet and spicy green salsa, perfect for any Mexican dinner. This recipe takes only a few minutes to complete and is as important as our guacamole and homemade red salsa!
Aka green salsa
I love salsa! ! Many of our meals have it, and we like the flavor it adds to these dishes. We have classic homemade salsa and corn salsa, but we are happy to come up with a recipe for salsa.
But what is Salsa Verde?
Salsa verde, also known as Green Salsa, is a sweet and spicy salsa made from tomatoes, coriander, sugar and jalapeno. It is very popular in areas such as Arizona and served in many of its Mexican restaurants.
This salsa is not only addictive, but it can be put together in about 2 minutes. Fast and simple-my recipe!
How to make salsa verde
You can’t beat a recipe that can be made in just a few minutes.This green salsa is very simple, you just need 4 ingredients, Including: canned tomatoes, coriander, sugar and jalapenos.
mix! To make this salsa, just mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix well.
You can adjust the sweetness and spiciness according to the amount of sugar and jalapenos used.
**notes**: If you are looking for a similar but not sweet salsa, be sure to check out our Tomatillo Salsa. It is more delicious than this recipe, similar to green salsa from a grocery store.
How to use fresh tomatoes and fresh jalapenos: For convenience, I like to use canned tomatoes and jalapenos. If you prefer to use fresher ingredients, of course you can. Just prepare the ingredients and put them in the blender.
- Tomatillo: You need about 20. Prepare them by removing the paper shells and stems, and then rinse them with warm water to remove sticky residue. Cut them into quarters and put them in a blender. Raw tomatoes are more sour and sour. After baking, they will have a richer and sweeter taste, so please adjust the amount of sugar used.
- black pepper: You need 1-2 jalapenos. Please wear rubber gloves when handling this hot food. Cut the jalapeno in half and remove the seeds and veins. (If you like spicy salsa, you can leave the seeds and veins, or just use some medium heat) Cut the jalapeno into thin slices and add to the blender.
- bake: This is not necessary, but some people like to bake in advance. Place tomatoes, jalapenos, and 2-3 unpeeled garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Place the rack about 8 inches from the top. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until completely charred. Discard the garlic and add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
Tips + Frequently Asked Questions
How long can green salsa be kept? If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, salsa verde can be stored for about a week. If properly canned and unopened, this green salsa will last longer in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze salsa verde? You can freeze the green salsa in a sealed container with a lid or a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. This should be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. For more tips on frozen salsa, click here.
What do you use it for? We like to serve this salsa verde recipe with fries (tortillas and french fries), but also like it:
Try this salsa, we dare you not like it. The combination of sweet and spicy is addictive, and you will find yourself pour it on your Mexican food. 😉
For more salsa recipes, please check:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 1 minute
Total time 6 minutes
Calories 33 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 28 oz. Can tomatoes (about 20 pcs)
- 2-3 tablespoons diced jalapeno
- 1 bunch coriander small
- 1/2 cup sugar (to 2/3 cup)
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Do not add the juice from the canned ketchup. Add extra jalapeno for more spice or sugar for more sweetness.
Enjoy with corn flakes. This lime dipped corn flakes is great. good to eat!
Just throw this recipe into a jar and attach a printable thing to turn it into a gift! !
notes: I often put my salsa in a mason jar as a gift to others.Be sure to let those you give it to know They shouldn’t put the jars in the storage room Unless it has been bottled correctly and has a sealed lid.
I made this cute and simple print for you! It does not need to be used only for salsa. Anything can be used! ! Stick it on a can of candies or a box or a plate of biscuits.
Save and print Merry Christmas labels:
To save, click the link below the tag you like. Then, right click and save. Open it in programs such as WORD, RE-SIZE, PRINT, etc., cut and attach.
We wish you a Merry Christmas – SQUARE TAG – Turquoise
We wish you a Merry Christmas – SQUARE TAG – GREEN
I also made a larger label to use:
We wish you a Merry Christmas-rectangular label-green
We wish you a Merry Christmas – rectangular label – turquoise
I glued mine with some glue dots and added some ribbon around the lid. Simple! ! Hope you like it!
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)