Grilled Chicken Nuggets Recipe Healthy + Simple
Chicken nuggets are easy to make and taste great! More delicious than frozen or fast food options, these gold nuggets are baked, not only delicious, but also healthy!
The outer skin of the chicken nuggets is seasoned, crispy, grilled to perfection, and tender inside. Your kids will like this taste, and you will like them healthy! For more lunch ideas recognized by children, try roast chicken fingers, flat bread rolls, and the ultimate grilled cheese.
Roasted + healthier
My children like to eat chicken nuggets. Bite-sized food is fun. I think it’s just because they are so dipping and cute! With this delicious and simple recipe, you can make your kids their lunchtime favorite, and you know exactly what is in that bite. You will feel good if you give your children chicken nuggets.
These homemade chicken nuggets are made with real ingredients! They are a healthier oven-baked food that is more delicious than frozen or fast food.
You only need a small amount of ingredients… They are that simple! Did I mention that they are recognized by children and adults? Don’t think I don’t like a good gold nugget for a minute. I mean to think about all the delicious dips you can make? !
How to bake chicken nuggets
Prepare. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
cut. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces (about 1.5 inches).
mix. In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and spices. Add flour to the second bowl. In the third bowl, whisk the eggs and water together.
coat. Dip the chicken into the flour, egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the metal rack on top of the foil-lined baking pan. Spray the gold nuggets with olive oil.
bake. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and spray the gold nuggets again, and bake for another 8 minutes. Finally, bake on HIGH for 1-2 minutes. Turn the pieces over and bake for a few more minutes on the other side. Serve hot.
What is the best way to cut chicken? Cutting the chicken into even sizes helps to ensure that they all cook at the same speed, but sometimes cutting the chicken evenly can be tricky. One of the techniques I use is to cut the chicken breast when partially frozen, and then let the cubes finish defrosting.
How to make them more brittle? Whether you use regular breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs, you can make them crisper by baking:
- Stir the breadcrumbs with a little olive oil.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Chill and stir with the seasonings before coating the chicken.
No wire rack? The wire frame allows airflow around all sides of the gold nugget. However, you can easily line the baking sheet with parchment paper and then flip the nuggets in half during the main baking time. You still want to roast them on both sides to make them fragrant and crispy. Observe carefully when roasting, because the gold nuggets will quickly turn from brittle to charred.
Cooking substitutes: I like to bake these gold nuggets for two reasons: frying in oil does not increase calories, and I can put them all in the oven at the same time instead of spending time cooking them in batches. Another way to cook them and save calories is to use an air fryer:
- Air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Spray the basket with cooking spray. Arrange the gold nuggets in a single layer in the basket, making sure that the two sides do not touch. Spray the top of the gold nuggets with olive oil. Cook for about 7 minutes. Repeat for the remaining gold nuggets.
The best sauce? Store-bought is always good-ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce. We also have some homemade sauces that we like to eat with chicken nuggets.
Storage + side ideas
Whether you want to make these in advance or store them as leftovers, you can choose to store them in the refrigerator for use as soon as possible or bake them later in the refrigerator.
- Baking (refrigerator): Put the cooled roasted gold nuggets in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Reheat under the broiler until warm and crispy.
- Unbaked (fridge): After the chicken is wrapped in a layer, cover it with plastic wrap, put it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days, and then bake according to the recipe.
- Baking (freezing): Place them in a single layer on a baking tray to quickly freeze them. Put the slices in the oven and freeze until the gold nuggets harden. Transfer the gold nuggets to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2-3 months. Reheat: Place frozen gold nuggets on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 11-15 minutes or until hot. Crispy under the broiler.
- Unbaked (frozen): Quickly freeze and transfer to a freezer-safe container. Freeze for 1-2 months. When baking, place the frozen gold nuggets on a baking tray with a metal rack. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes. Crispy under the broiler.
What to serve with chicken nuggets? Everything about the chicken is great, but here are some of our favorites:
More chicken recipes:
Course main course
Preparation time 15 minutes
20 minutes cooking time
Total time 35 minutes
24 yuan for a serving
Calories 72 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup original breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces (about 1.5 inches).
In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and spices. Add flour to the second bowl. In the third bowl, whisk the eggs and water together.
Dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the metal rack on top of the foil-lined baking pan. Spray with olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes, spray with oil, and bake for another 8 minutes. Bake on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn the pieces and bake on the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Serve hot.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)