Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe+VIDEO
A super simple ham and cheese quiche recipe for breakfast! Take some store-bought pie crust dough and start this delicious breakfast that everyone will love.
If I need a delicious and impressive breakfast, I like to make delicious quiches or breakfast pies. You can simply make them with store-bought pie crusts, or go all out with homemade pie crusts!
Why we like it
We don’t have enough quiche here. They are always welcome by anyone who tries them, especially today’s version. I like the combination of ham and cheese-it is so filling and delicious!
This ham and cheese quiche is perfect for weekends, brunches, holidays or when you come for breakfast in the company!
We use this basic recipe for most quiche recipes and then switch the ingredients as needed because it is easy to switch flavors, vanilla, meat, etc. So file this recipe and take it out when you need to provide a rock star breakfast for your friends or family.
Making ham and cheese quiche
We like to bake the pie crust before baking the ham and cheese quiche.
Want to know what blind baking is? When the pie or pie filling is very wet, the pie must be pre-baked before filling. This technique is called “blind baking”, and it prevents the shell from getting wet. Pre-baking the pie crust for the quiche can be helpful because the custard filling is liquid in its original state.
How to blind bake pie crusts: For the quiche, you only need to partially bake the crust, because it will be baked when it is put back into the oven with the filling.
- After placing the pie crust on the pie pan, cover the pie crust with parchment paper.
- Fill the bottom with baking weight (you can also use beans or rice) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the weight and parchment paper. Return the crust to the oven and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
filling. Once the crust is blind baked, make the filling. In a medium mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix everything together, then pour the crust over the ham and cheese.
bake. Bake the quiche in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Insert a knife and see if it is clean-then the quiche is ready! Make sure to let the quiche set for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Want to make this in advance? Bake the ham and cheese quiche, refrigerate or freeze until you need it. Make sure to seal it well. It will be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and in the refrigerator for 3-4 months for best results. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
Notes and tips
What to add to the egg pancake: Less is more definitely suitable for adding extra content to your quiche. The star of the quiche should always be a fluffy egg mixture. A good rule of thumb is to add only 1/4 cup of the mixture to each egg. That being said, here are some delicious combinations of ideas:
- Add meat: You can replace the ham with a different meat, or add more meat at the same time as the ham. Some good options are to put pieces of bacon on top or mix them with cooked sausages.
- Change the cheese with pepper or Swiss cheese
- Vegetables: Diced green peppers, sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach, and broccoli florets are all good choices. *When adding liquid vegetables, sauté them first to remove the liquid.
- Milk: Use 2% or whole milk to get the lightest quiche.For creamier quiches, use half or heavy cream.
- Use pre-purchased diced ham or leftover holiday ham.
- French salty pie? Just spray a pan and pour the quiche liquid directly into the pan.
- Don’t overfill the shell: the egg will rise a little bit, and you don’t want it to overflow from the side.
- Bake on the bottom grill of the oven to help the crust become beautifully browned and crispy.
- Regardless of the size of the quiche, for each egg used, the ratio should be ¼-½ cup of dairy product. For deeper pans or mini quiches, this is good information.
Need more breakfast inspiration? Try these recipes!
Course breakfast, main course
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Calories 224 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup chopped ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Use a shallow 9″ glass pie pan. Put the pie crust dough into the pan and curl the edges. (I like to fold the edges in half and curl them.) Pre-bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let the crust cool slightly before adding the ham and cheese.
Add milk, eggs, salt, and pepper to a medium mixing bowl. Mix, then pour the crust over the ham and cheese.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the inserted knife is clean.
Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.