Easy Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe Baked
This Cilantro Lime Chicken is full of flavor and makes for an easy weeknight meal. Fresh lime juice, cilantro and lots of fresh garlic make a delicious marinade!
This is a super quick and easy weeknight meal. It’s also perfect for the upcoming summer BBQ weather! We love these drs too. Pepper Ribs BBQ on weekends. Pair any of these dishes with potato salad and baked beans.
Simple and delicious chicken!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn boring chicken into truly delicious chicken. Plus, it’s really healthy!
This can be sliced and served on salad greens, or paired with your favorite roasted vegetables, like roasted asparagus. Our favorite way to eat it is burritos…so delicious!
Whether you decide to serve this easy chicken dish, I promise everyone will love it.
Only a few basic ingredients are needed to make this delicious chicken dinner recipe!
- Chick: You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or drumsticks. You can also use bone-in and skin, but you’ll need to add more cooking time.
- Lime Juice: Just use fresh lime juice…not bottled, too bitter.
- garlic: Added a lot of flavor!
- salt and pepper
- sugar: Just a little to balance the acidity of the lime juice.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken
pickled. Combine the ingredients and marinate the chicken in an airtight bag or container with a lid. Add chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Baked. Preheat grill over medium to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees Fahrenheit). Lightly oil the grate and place the chicken on the grill. Bake 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Marinating and grilling – that’s our recipe!
The secret to success
- Be sure to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- For super juicy and flavorful chicken, use thighs. If you are a BBQ beginner, start with the thighs. Breasts can easily dry out if overcooked.
- Check your chicken with a meat thermometer. Once they reach 165 degrees F, remove from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes. Use a foil tent if you’re concerned that it will cool too much.
For more delicious chicken recipes, try:
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
marinating time 30 minutes
Total time 55 minutes
Serving Size 4
Calories 234 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 large limes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
Combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Place chicken in bag with marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
When ready to grill, preheat to medium to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees Fahrenheit). Lightly oil the grate. Place chicken on grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- If your chicken breasts are large, cut them in half horizontally for faster cooking.