Easy Chocolate Oreo Recipe
Oreos wrapped in chocolate are super easy to make and delicious. Use any flavor of Oreo, and any chocolate coating you like-these desserts are chocolate heaven!
I love these perfect bites, the creamy chocolate on the outside and Oreo shortbread center. They look so cute, but they can actually be achieved in just a few steps! Your child will even enjoy the fun. For more bite-sized Oreo magic, try Mickey Mouse Oreo, Oreo truffle and Oreo pudding cookies.
Who likes chocolate dipped Oreos? !
I do what I do! I mean I am a chocolate lover and I will never be full of those Oreo sandwich cookies. I always like delicious cookies and cream desserts. Who doesn’t like chocolate, more chocolate?
I mean really, these chocolate Oreos are delicious. They look very festive too! These dipped Oreos are very sweet, oh, there is something sprinkled on it, so cute. You can also use these decorations to be creative. Try themed sprinkles, or top with colorful white chocolate for a little fun.
These are also lovely gifts. Wrap them in cellophane and give them quickly and easily. Or take them to your next game date or party. They will definitely impress people!
How to make chocolate-wrapped Oreos
melt. Melt the candy coating in a pan over low heat. Stir constantly.
coat. Dip each Oreo in the chocolate with a fork. Cover completely, then tap the side of the bowl with a fork to remove excess chocolate.
spread. Place the covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle it with water.
Cool. Let them cool and dry completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Chocolate Foot: When the excess coating accumulates at the bottom of the snack, chocolate feet are formed. To prevent this, let the excess coating drip off before placing it on the parchment paper. If you do notice that chocolate is starting to accumulate, use a toothpick to “cut” the sink from the snack. If the foot is already fixed, just snap it off/trim it.
Benefits of using candy coating
You can use chocolate chips in a pinch, but I recommend using high-quality melted chocolate or candy coating. We like the Ghirardelli melted wafers used for dipping fruits, candies and chocolate. Almond bark and baked chocolate are also effective.
- The candy coating does not produce the chalky white substance sometimes found in chocolate chips. Therefore, you can store them for a period of time and they will look as delicious as they were on the day they were made.
- Unlike chocolate, which thickens when dipped, the candy coating melts into a thin, uniform layer, and the surface is very smooth.
- Super easy to melt in the microwave or use a pan on the stove.
Types of Oreos: There are many different types of Oreos. From chocolate to golden and regular cream to peanut butter cream. I haven’t found Oreos that I don’t like, especially when covered with a delicious candy coating.
Not only can you change the type of Oreo you use, but you can also enjoy the colors and ingredients. Be creative!
- Add food coloring to white chocolate or vanilla sugar coating
- Drizzle pattern. Once the soaked Oreos are set, use more melted candies to drizzle the pattern on top. You can even use contrasting colors to “pop” the pattern.
- Oreo lollipop: Insert the sucker stick into the Oreo cream. Dip Oreo in chocolate. dry. Wrap individually with cellophane or suction cup bag.
- Sprinkle: Be sure to add when the coating is wet.
- Holiday sprinkles
- Chopped nuts
- Crushed candy canes
- Mini M&M
- Coconut Crisp
Store + more candy recipes
We don’t think these chocolate-dipped Oreos will last long, but just in case you have leftovers, Shop It can be stored for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in a cool place.
These chocolate-wrapped Oreos are one of our favorite delicacies to make and give to others. Whether it’s a birthday or holiday or “just because”. Pack them beautifully and beautifully, and you are ready to go. Be sure to check out some of our other favorite candy recipes as gifts…
More homemade candy recipes:
For more Oreo recipes, please check:
Preparation time 35 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
Calories 147 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 36 Oreo cookies of any flavor
- 16 ounces of candy coating any flavor, chocolate, white chocolate, etc.
- 1 c sprinkle
Melt the candy coating in a pan over low heat. Stir constantly.
Dip each Oreo in the chocolate with a fork. Cover completely, then tap the side of the bowl with a fork to remove excess chocolate.
Place the covered Oreo on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle it with water.
Let them cool and dry completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)