Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Recipe
Creamy and Hearty Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is the best way to beat the weekend rush! It’s easy to make and filled with pasta, chicken, bacon and a creamy Alfredo sauce.
This recipe is one of our favorite pasta recipes – a baked casserole version of Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta! For some great weeknight casseroles, check out Pizza Casserole, Taco Casserole, or Mexican Casserole.
Another chicken dinner winner!
I love a delicious, quick, easy meal on weeknights! This is definitely a weeknight winner to add to the repertoire.
My kids love Alfredo sauce and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love bacon? ! What’s especially great is that it’s a baked casserole that’s easy to serve…and eat. 🙂
We have links to some other posts that may be helpful when making this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.
- Use your favorite store-bought ranch dressing or make your own homemade ranch dressing
- I find the easiest way to make bacon is in the oven. You can also fry in a skillet over medium-low heat or on a frying pan at 325°F.
- Cook it yourself with this easy shredded chicken post. You can also use the meat of a store-bought roast chicken. A 2-pound chicken provides about 3 cups of shredded meat.
How to Make Chicken Ranch Casserole
mix. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing. Pour pasta mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
ingredients. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle bacon on top.
bake. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
I love to bake pasta because you can keep them simple and easily alter them to accommodate changes. Some simple variations you might want to try include:
- use cheddar or pepper jack
- Change pasta type. Any short pasta will do, e.g. macaroni, studs, bow ties, shells…
- Add vegetables such as broccoli florets, diced bell peppers, or corn.
- Turn up the heat with some spices! Red pepper flakes, adding jalapeños, or Tabasco are all good options.
- If you have a favorite homemade Alfredo sauce, you can easily use it. Two cups of sauce equal about 15 ounces.
Storage + Side Ideas
do it in advance: You can easily make the Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer. I always like to double these types of recipes so I can eat one that day and store the other for a busy day.
Freezing: Use a disposable baking pan. Assemble the pan as directed, but do not bake. Let the ingredients cool. Cover the plate with plastic wrap, then wrap in aluminum foil. Label and freeze for 1-2 months. You can bake directly from the refrigerator into the preheated oven, just be sure to add about 30 minutes to the bake time.
Leftovers: Divide leftovers into individual servings and store in airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or up to 2 months in the refrigerator. Reheat in microwave.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes:
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
Calories 436 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1 pound rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 15-ounce can Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and ranch dressing. Pour pasta mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the pasta, then sprinkle the bacon on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.