Best Homemade Pizookie Recipe+VIDEO
The original Pizookie cookie pie was completely irresistible. Ooey, a slimy and warm cookie with vanilla ice cream on top, is a perfect dessert.
This will definitely become a family favorite, with its soft and warm center and crisp biscuit edges. For more cookie creations, please check out our chocolate chip cookie cakes and delicious cookie bars.
Pizza + Biscuits = Pizookie
BJ’s restaurant is one of my family’s favorite places to eat, and you can often see us gather there to celebrate someone’s birthday. One of the reasons we like this place is their famous pizookie.
What is pizookie? A pizookie is a biscuit baked into a large circle like a pizza. You stir up your favorite cookie dough and bake it in a cast iron skillet. The biscuits are crispy on the edges and sticky and delicious in the middle. Then, put a lot of ice cream on top.
Can biscuit lovers want more? !
How to make Pizookie
cream. Butter, butter, oil, sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Combine. Add the remaining ingredients.
according to. Press into a greased 8-9 inch pan or cast iron frying pan.
Bake and serve. Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes. Serve immediately with one or three scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Personal pizookies: If you want to make individual pizookies, you can divide the dough into ramekins or mini pie pans. Press the dough to about 1/2-1 inch thick. Then bake at 350°F for about 6-8 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the center is still sticky.
Recipe notes + changes
We want to jot down a few things for this recipe…
- For a quicker and simpler dessert, get a bag of cookie dough from the store to use.
- Don’t overbake: the edges should be brown and crispy, and the center should be soft and sticky.
Variety: There are many ways to change this, but here are some of our favorites!
- Use butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, M&M’s or Reeses Pieces
- Add nuts, such as macadamia, walnuts or almonds
- Add chopped candies, such as kit kat, reese cup, rolos or butterfinger
- Drizzle with chocolate or caramel syrup
- Use flavored ice cream
- Mix two types of cookie dough-½ pan chocolate chip cookie dough and ½ pan peanut butter cookie dough
Advance, store + reheat
Advance time: You can prepare this dessert in advance in the following ways:
- Dough: You can make dough in advance and store it in the refrigerator for 1-3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months. Shape the dough into a ball or log shape and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. If you plan to freeze it, please wrap it in aluminum foil again.
- Baking: After the dough is baked, you can put the biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Leftovers: If you did not add ice cream on top, you can store any leftovers at room temperature for up to 3 days. Be sure to cover tightly or store in an airtight container.
Once ice cream is added, it is more difficult to store. Scrape off any ice cream and place the remaining cookies in an airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Because of any melted ice cream left, it may become a little soggy, but since the middle should already be slimy, you may not notice it too much.
Reheat: Preheat the oven to 300°F. Put the pizookie in a frying pan or pan and heat it for 4-5 minutes, or until hot.
For more desserts, please check:
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 18 minutes
Author Little Luna
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c milk chocolate chips
Cream butter, oil, sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Add the remaining ingredients. Press into a greased 8-9 inch pan or cast iron frying pan.
Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)