4th of July Cookies with M&Ms
These 4th of July cookies are festive and delicious. Soft, chewy and full of deliciously crunchy M&Ms.
4th of July cookies are the perfect patriotic treat to munch while watching fireworks or a barbecue. For another festive and delicious snack, try the Patriotic Trail Mix!
Cookies are a quick and easy snack to take to the grill or toss together for a sweet craving. These 4th of July cookies are also fun and festive for your favorite summer party!
These cookies are soft and chewy, with the perfect crunch from those delicious M&Ms. Those red, white and blue beauties add just the right amount of color. Try different flavors of M&Ms
These delicious cookies are easy to make in dough or cookie form and are easy to make for friends and family for all special events. They’re a great addition to your Fourth of July dessert spread.
Ready in minutes!
wet ingredients. Whisk together sugar, butter and oil. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients and vanilla. Add chopped M&Ms how many you want.
bake. Place the balls on a greased pan and insert some M&Ms on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- The easiest way to chop M&Ms is with a nut chopper, but you can also use a food processor or chop carefully with a kitchen knife.
- Sprinkling or rolling the dough into 4th of July colorful jimmies also makes them cute and festive.
- If you really like chewy cookies, replace the white sugar with an equal amount of brown sugar so you can use all the brown sugar.
- For a subtle flavor twist, use ½ tsp almond extract instead of 1 tsp vanilla
- Using room temperature eggs will help them incorporate them into the dough more smoothly.
forward + store
Cover and store the dough Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before baking.
make the dough into a log shape, wrap in plastic wrap, then in foil, freeze up to 3 months. Thaw before shaping and baking.
form dough ball, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze. Freeze for a few hours or until the dough is firm, then transfer them to a freezer-safe Ziploc.
Once the cookies have cooled Storing Baked Cookies Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Tossing a loaf of white bread into a container can help keep them soft and chewy. shop They last up to 5 months in the refrigerator.
More 4th of July desserts:
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total time 17 minutes
Serving Size 36
Calories 135 kcal
by Lil’ Luna
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- M&M’s (plain) red, white and blue – chopped and whole, separate
Whisk together sugar, butter and oil.
Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
Add dry ingredients and vanilla.
Add chopped M&Ms how many you want.
Place the balls on a greased pan and insert some M&Ms on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.