100+ Mexican Recipes – Mains, Sides, Desserts + More!
As with any dinner party, you need to plan your menu in advance.
- Decide which dishes to make fresh and which to make ahead of time. (See individual recipes for more storage and reheating information.)
- Mix traditional fare with several new dishes. Be sure to try new dishes beforehand for any recipe problems.
- Use dishes with different flavors and textures.
Generally, when dining with guests, we like the following foods:
- appetizer – 1-2 (Salsa + dip can be made ahead of time.)
- side – 1 (rice is a great rice that can be made ahead and kept warm in a slow cooker or hot pot)
- main course – 1-2 (can be made in advance). Anything fried is usually done before serving.
- dessert – 1 (usually made ahead of time and served with ice cream) 😉