- Set an Alarm for 20 Minutes. It’s possible to burn calories without intentionally exercising. Harvard Medical School calls this the NEAT (nonexercise activity thermogenesis) factor.
- Pack a Healthy Lunch. One way to work on flattening your stomach while sitting behind your desk is to pack a healthy lunch.
- Activate Your Abs. You don’t have to get out of your desk chair to engage your abs and work on a flatter stomach. …
- Sip on a Cup of Tea. In addition to drinking plenty of water while at work, you’ll also benefit from an afternoon tea. …
- Begin in a seated position, knees bent at 90-degree angles and feet flat.
- Reach your arms forward, palms facing each other.
- Exhale, pulling your belly button toward your spine.
- Roll back onto your tailbone, curving your spine into a C shape.
- Inhale and return to the starting position. Repeat, doing 15 more reverse crunches.
The 6 Best Exercises for Toning Your Stomach in 2022, Trainer Says
- Decline Bench Leg Raise. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
- Janda Situp. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
- Landmine Rotations. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
- Ab Wheel Rollout. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
- Stability Ball Stir the Pot. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
- Side Plank with Hip Lift. Tim Liu, C.S.C.S.
Top 5 Abs Exercises to Flatten Your Stomach
- Stability Ball Plank. If you have a decently low body fat percentage the first step in creating a flatter stomach is to strengthen your core muscles.
- BOSU Ball Crunches. After you have worked the deep core muscles with exercises such as the previous stability ball plank it is time to hit the abs.
- Bicycle Crunches.
- Stability Ball Walk Outs.
Method 4 Method 4 of 4: Eating to Flatten Your Stomach
- Eat more often. Instead of three large meals that can fill your belly and tax your digestive system, eat small, frequent meals or snacks.
- Reduce your intake of high-fiber foods. Many high fiber foods, such as broccoli, beans, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower, cause gas and bloating.
- Adjust your fruit and veggie portions.
How to flatten your stomach while sitting?
Start off with a delicious salad that contains avocados, a superfruit with 2 grams of fiber that keep you feeling full and 4 grams monounsaturated fat, which is the heart-healthy fat you need for weight loss. Cucumbers also make an excellent addition to the salad, as their 96-percent water content counteracts bloating. Add a banana for dessert. This sweet-tasting fruit boosts your metabolism with its resistant starch that tells the liver to get busy burning fat.
If you hold a desk job that requires you to sit in a chair from 9 to 5 each day, you’ll want to take steps to keep your tummy flat. This can be accomplished through diet and taking part in a few unique exercises that don’t require you to leave your work area.
Activate Your Abs. You don’t have to get out of your desk chair to engage your abs and work on a flatter stomach. Throughout the day, squeeze your abs in as if you’re pulling them back toward your spine and then hold that position for 10 seconds. Slowly release your abs and repeat until you’ve completed 10 reps.
As long as you’re expending energy, you’re burning calories. Workers can take advantage of this by setting an alarm or timer to go off every 20 minutes. The alarm should be set to vibrate so it doesn’t disturb coworkers. When the alarm goes off, stand up from your chair and either walk around the chair while continuing to do business on the phone, or walk to the break room to grab a cup of water. If you can’t leave your desk, try to repeat going from sitting to standing for a minute or two.
If you’d rather, you can sip on a cup of peppermint tea instead. The peppermint eases digestion and reduce s bloating, which leaves you with a flatter-looking tummy. av-override. ‒‒:‒‒.
How to get a flat stomach?
Drink Water. There are at least three ways in which water may help you achieve a flat stomach. First, it may help with weight loss by temporarily increasing your metabolic rate. In fact, drinking water may increase your total energy expenditure by up to 100 calories per day ( 72. Trusted Source.
This has been shown to delay stomach emptying, causing the stomach to expand and make you feel full ( 7, 8. Trusted Source. ).
Losing the fat around your midsection can be a battle. In addition to being a risk factor for several diseases, excess abdominal fat may make you feel bloated and discouraged. Luckily, several strategies have been shown to be especially effective at reducing your waist size. If you dream about having a flat stomach, …
Trusted Source. ). By eating soluble fiber, you are also less likely to accumulate fat around your organs, which reduces your waist circumference and the risk of several diseases ( 10. Trusted Source.