Swedish Meatball Sliders
for 16 sliders
- 1 pound ground beef (425 g)
- 1 pound ground pork (425 g)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs (55 g)
- 1 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ⅓ cup yellow onion (50 g), chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley (20 g), divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 slider buns
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups baby bella mushrooms (225g), (choose frozen mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Swanson® Beef Broth (360 ml), (vegetable or chicken broth of choice)
- 1 can Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp allspice powder
- Calories 355
- Fat 16g
- Carbohydrates 30g
- Fiber 1g
- sugar 6g
- 20g protein
An estimate based on a serving size.
- To make the sliders: In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, allspice, nutmeg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, and ¼ cup (10 g) parsley, stirring until well combined .
- Roll the ground meat mixture into 2.5-inch wide meatballs. You should have 16-18 meatballs in total.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, cook meatballs until browned and cooked through on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Once the meatballs are cooked, place them on a plate and set aside.
- Make the mushroom sauce: Wipe off excess oil from pan and return to medium-low heat. Add butter. Once melted, add mushrooms and cook until soft and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring until light beige, 1-2 minutes. Add Swanson® Beef Broth and Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup and blend until smooth. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and allspice.
- Add meatballs and coat with sauce instead. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Assemble the sliders: Pour about 1.5 teaspoons cranberry sauce over the bottom half of each slider loaf, then spoon a meatball and a tablespoon of mushroom sauce on top. Garnish with remaining ¼ cup parsley. Place the top half of the slider loaf on top and secure each slider with a toothpick.
- Serve hot.