Mexican Chicken Corn Soup-20 minutes to make!
This Chicken, corn, tomatoes, cheese and lots of seasonings are in the delicious Mexican soup! It is full of flavor and can be done in 20 minutes!
This delicious soup is almost like a combination of white chicken chili and chicken taco soup. This is one of our favorite 30-minute meals on busy nights.
Delicious Mexican Corn Soup
There are many kinds of soups-Italian soup, American soup and Mexican soup! This recipe is Mexican style, with a lot of bold spices and flavors. This is Mexican chicken corn soup.
You would not think that simple ingredients like chicken and corn can make such a delicious final product, but let me tell you, this soup is definitely a nanny.
Use chicken, corn, tomatoes, and heavy cream. It’s just creamy, and the filling is enough to not be overwhelming.
The most important thing is that it takes less than 30 minutes to make, which is very suitable for STAT on a busy workday night when I need to have dinner together!
How to make
It seems that this recipe couldn’t be better…it really is! The reason is as follows: production takes only 25 minutes! Maybe less. seriously!
boil. Add butter and garlic to a large pot. Simmer for a few minutes, then add chicken broth, tomatoes, corn and all spices. Boil.
simmer. Reduce to low styling. Add the cooked chicken diced and let it heat for a few minutes. Add your heavy cream until all is combined. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle cheese on top. Please enjoy!
Other cooking methods
Cylinder: The good news is chefs, this recipe can also be made in a crock pot. I like to cook in clay pots so that I can save a little time on a busy day while still providing warm homemade meals. To make this in a clay pot, you need:
- Fry the butter and garlic until brown, then put them in a crock pot.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, corn, all spices and chicken pieces.
- Boil on high heat for 2-3 hours or low heat for 4-5 hours. If the chicken is raw, the cooking time must be increased to 3-4 hours at high temperature or 6-8 hours at low temperature.
- Do not add heavy cream until approximately 30 minutes are left in the cooking time.
Instant Pot: If you like to use Instant pot, you will definitely want to try it to make this osup. If your chicken is raw or frozen, I only recommend this. Otherwise, making it with pre-cooked chicken on the stove top is just as easy and fast.
- Use the saute button to fry the garlic.
- Then, you only need to put the rest of the ingredients except the heavy cream into the pot.
- Close the lid, press the soup button and set the timer. The time will vary depending on whether the chicken is raw or frozen. Please refer to your Instant Pot user manual for time.
- When finished, remove the lid and add the cream, stir and serve.
- You can find a great post How to cook chicken Used in recipes. Cut the chicken into cubes instead of shredded.You can also use roast chicken
- Add spices: You can increase the amount of cumin, or add jalapenos, crushed red peppers, green peppers or some hot sauce.
- Fresh corn and cream corn: You can use canned corn or fresh corn! If you want to use canned corn, you should drain the excess liquid. Cremation corn is very suitable for making thick soup.
place Leftovers In a closed container. Shop It stays in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or freeze 2-3 months.
If you are short on time or have little money, you can Reheat Stir in the microwave in 30-second increments until it gets hot. If you have time or a lot, I recommend reheating on the stove or in a crock pot, stirring occasionally until it gets hot.
For more Mexican soup recipes, be sure to check out:
Course main course, soup
Cooking time 25 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
Calories 255 kcal
Author Little Luna
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 C chicken broth
- 10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilies
- 3-4 c frozen corn
- 3-4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 c chicken cooked and chopped
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- Colby Jack Cheese
Add butter and garlic to a large pot. Simmer for a few minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes, corn and all spices. Boil.
Reduce to low styling. Add your chicken and let it heat for a few minutes. Add your heavy cream until all is combined. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Put it in a bowl and sprinkle cheese on top. Please enjoy!
The recipe is adapted from here.
The page you are looking for does not exist (404)