Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 15 ounces chickpeas, 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 16 oz roasted red peppers (450 g), 1 can, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the rinsed chickpeas on half of the kitchen towel. Fold the other half of the towel over the beans and rub the beans so the skins start to fall off.
- Place all peeled beans in the bowl of a food processor along with the salt, cumin, garlic, and roasted red peppers. Turn on processor to break up mixture.
- With the food processor running, pour in the lemon juice and olive oil and let the processor run until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with your choice of dipping fries or vegetables.