“I would make the cookies and make the cheesecakes and take When Sharon retired in February, she and her husband decided to take a chance and start a homemade cheesecake and cookie business. Later that month, Sharon Cheesecakes and Cookies was
The tweaks or swaps I made to the recipe were these:
- I browned the butter first (noted in the swap options).
- YouTube slow-cooking food guy Alvin Zhou has taught me the value of eschewing premade chocolate chips, and of chopping up my own from chocolate bars: The variety of chunks leads
- My tried-and-true method for round-ish cookies is to roll the uncooked dough in a ball, chill it then cook it.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until well blended. Roll into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Spray cookie cutter with cooking spray; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press dough ball evenly into cutter.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
- Cream the room temperature butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until the dough comes together.
- Break the dough up into 2-3 sections and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.